Since June 2017 Baildon Library has been a hybrid library. Baildon Town Council volunteers work alongside paid Bradford Libraries staff to keep the service open for the local community.
We currently have 42 volunteers who are managed by our volunteer coordinator, Rachel Gallagher. The volunteers staff the front desk and also help with activities such as storytime, book displays, family history drop-ins and indexing our local studies collection.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to hear about all the latest news and events.
Baildon Library offers:
- Disabled access
- Audio books
- Daily newspapers
- Dyslexia friendly children and young adults books
- Children's storytime and craft activities (Mondays and Thursdays)
- Free Internet access and word processing, with print capabilities from the library computers
- Family History drop-in sessions (monthly)
- Craft and Chat group (Fridays every fortnight)
Baildon Library is also a donation point for:
- School uniform items, coats, shoes, bags etc for Shipley Area School Uniform Bank
- Used batteries
- Used stamps
- Feminine hygiene products for the Red Box Project